We are thrilled that you are ready to take the next step to see if FlexSchool is a good fit for you. We promise to keep this process as simple and straightforward as we can.
To apply, you need to do four things:
- Fill out the Inquiry Form.
- Have your parents schedule a phone or video call with Jacqui Byrne (Head of School, Berkeley Heights, NJ or Heidi Molbak (Head of School, New Haven, CT).
- During this call,we will chat with them (and you, if you would like) about you and the school to determine if we might be a good fit.
- Come visit and shadow class. We would like to talk with you and your parents about what turns you on, what you really dig, what’s good about your current school, what’s bad about your current school and much, much more. It’s not really an interview because there won’t be many formal questions and you might well ask as many questions as we do. We really just want to get to know you and introduce ourselves and see if we’re a good match.
- If we all think it is a match, we’ll ask you to apply! We will send you a link to your own application account. The application is pretty straight forward and you will get to write us an essay about your ideal school. We’ll also ask you to share your records including report cards and standardized testing. If you have learning struggles, we will ask to see your IEP, 504 or psychological-educational evaluation.
- Report cards from the past three years (we promise not to judge you – many students who are a good fit for FlexSchool have C’s and D’s. Others may have all A’s but still are not thriving.
- Standardized test scores from a test administered in the last two years
- ISEE, SSAT, COOP, WISC/WAIS, IELTS, NJ ASK, PARCC, COGAT are among the tests we accept.
- Your IEP, 504, Psycho-Educational Evaluation or Neuro-Psychological Evaluation completed in the last two years if you have them. We can refer you to psychologists or other evaluators if you need testing.
If you are inquiring over the summer, come to a FlexSchool day. Each campus runs its own summer visits so check with Jacqui and Heidi to see what events are scheduled.